Friday 25 December 2009

Ho Ho Ho

Well it truly is Christmas, Not only did the local council grit the pavements yesterday (despite the snow melting) then today we wake up to find someone has jumped over a barrier and attacked the Pope.

It's the spirit of giving and obviously the woman who did it gave the Pope a trip.

After a massive 4 hours sleep the beef joint has been slow cooked and the Turkey crown is in so now I fully expect the daily Homeserve and Scottish Power phone calls asking me if I want my pipes covered or switch to another supplier.
Their latest scam appears to be leaving a voice message on your answer phone that is very clever, it deliberately leaves off the company name than says "has called" and then tells you that they are required by law to notify you of their call by recorded message.

Now if anyones reading from one of those companies then in the true spirit of Christmas I would like to tell you all to Fuck off and grow up.
It's pure stupidity playing on peoples fears as the latest message says "do not be alarmed by this call", well people will be - to get a message from a company that leaves no name and then says they will call you back etc is just gross negligence.

They say that Christmas is the time of giving so should any of these idiots ring today I'll make sure to post everything I can and piss them off as much as possible.

Time to check the Turkey and wait for Scottish Power to call, then in my best spirit of Xmas I think I'll just put the phone next to the parrot and let him take the call.

P.S even if your on TPS these clowns don't seem to care, and never ever get rid of them by asking them to post details, under law this is an invitation to trade - we did that many years ago and found they had not only signed us up but canceled our existing supplier (who we were more than happy with).
Thankfully our supplier called us and offered to sort it out (which they did), Scottish Power then had the nerve to call us and give me a mouthful saying "so your not interested in saving money then ?" - nice sales touch there lads.
And their "we'll we've signed you up now, you have to wait at least 30 days to cancel", to which I said "Charge me 1 penny and I'll see you in court".

So to sign off for this Festive post, Happy Christmas to everyone except Scottish Power or Homeserve, may you never call me again or attempt to communicate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment