Saturday 22 May 2010

Come out Marshall


After much waiting, Red Dead Redemption was released and delivered.

Had a few hours on it and it looks like Rockstar are onto yet another winner.

People ride or wander past, often with a "hello" or "Good morning", wagon trains drive by and I've even witnessed one character ride past, stop then stand by a rock taking a piss.

Whats also interesting is that I played for about 90 minutes then accidentally loaded a saved game taking me back almost to the beginning, I retraced my steps and the mission I had just done changed into a completely different one !

Multiplayer is also great fun, people running everywhere firing antique weapons, no large magazine clips here, just good old fashioned "get up close" guns.
Horses are animated amazingly and the atmosphere is staggering.

At one point I rode up to a ridge and thought "ah this is the edge of the map", many games hide the boundaries with wide valleys and far off scenery, looking at my map I realized I was no where near the edge of the map and I will end up going across this enormous canyon.

How Rockstar have fitted such massive scenery maps into the game is beyond me, it looks like the game will have tons of missions and time needed, I suspect like GTA and Fallout 3 I'll be coming back time and time again to find new things to do.

One tip though .... don't try to shoot a hangmans rope when your wielding the knife, the person dies !

No comments:

Post a Comment