Saturday 23 July 2011

Mulan Chinese Restaurant - Renishaw

Keep a note of this address if your in the Chesterfield, Sheffield, Worksop area.

Mulan
Main Road
Renishaw
Sheffield
S21 3UW

We went in there for a meal (20 people) after work and had the set banquet "C"
First impressions, nice place, good size tables etc so no issues there.

Now this blogs often Not Safe For Work (NSFW) but when I've been impressed I'm the first to shout about it.

So  we sit down and order our drinks, a couple of people have simple choices off the menu, the rest go for the banquet (£19.50 a head).
I've eaten in many chinese restaurants and many many take aways and so we start, out come very large plates of prawn crackers .... good start, we all tuck in.
The waiters are really spot on, as your drink almost gets empty they are there to top up again, now many people will complain they don't want a large drinks bill but many times I've sat there trying to attract attention to get a drink and simply gave up so these guys are OK in my book.

As we were almost finishing the crackers out comes the starters, a really generous amount of wontons, chilli prawns, spring rolls, awsome ribs (really BIG) etc. a very nice start, piping hot and perfect.

We polish that lot off and out comes a massive bowl of chicken and sweetcorn soup, I'm not a great fan of this but I have to say the soup here was really spot on, very very good.
We get that down us and out comes the .... Crispy Duck !!!!

I don't tend to eat a lot of Crispy Duck as it tends to be fatty and very rich/heavy - WOW this was the best, crunch in your mouth crispness, really cooked well, dry and crunchy with just the right amount of chewiness and some still moist so you get the balance, lots of pancakes, sauce, onions etc - really really superb, I could have sat and ate just this hand been happy.
We managed to leave the pattern on the plate (only just) and then out came the main course.

A large bowl of perhaps the best fried rice I've tasted, almost so light you didn't know it was rice, just the right amount of extra's in (meat, egg etc) it was genuinely excellent.

Add to this the main dishes, we had Chicken and Oyster sauce (massive dish of that), Lemon fried Chicken (another massive plate), Sizzling Beef and Black bean, crispy chilli beef ( a bit hot for me !) and some edible baskets of (I'm sorry I was far too occupied eating to pay much attention) I think prawn with peanuts and tasted like a light satay sauce, sorry but you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

I have to say for the money it was superb, fantastic food, hot, fresh and full of flavour, get yourself down there and enjoy..

No comments:

Post a Comment