Tuesday 2 October 2012

Rocksmith and Ubuntu

Got nipper Rocksmith for Xbox 360 and it comes with a 1/4" jack to USB converter so being inquisitive I plugged it into my ubuntu 11.04 laptop.


No downloads, no Windoze installers or complaints about missing this and that, I literally plugged it in, went to the sound settings and there it was, it also shows in the hardware tab.




Open the sound recorder and it records fine !

Obviously if you install Audacity or similar then I'm sure it will give even more control and editing etc. It might even be worth checking it out on Ubuntu Studio which is geared for multimedia recording.

So for the money nippers not only got Rocksmith on the Xbox but a USB converter that works fine in Ubuntu - Totally amazing.

I love linux !

No comments:

Post a Comment