Tuesday 18 December 2012

BMW 116ed fuel consumption

Just did a business trip to Bolton. Lots of stop/start from Leeds, bits where I was cruising at good Motorway speed and lots where I was sitting in traffic so expected low mpg.
So impressed with this every time I see it. I am saving £££'s on fuel.
Even though i'm 1/2 full I've got enough to go home, come back and probably go home AGAIN. When I passed this junction in Avensis on way to Blackpool I had almost used 1/2 a tank in the same mileage, I've done something like 280+ and hit 1/2 tank on the BMW, I wasn't counting really.
I find I don't need to look any more.
Miles covered now, just coming up to 7000 since May.
 
Just done the return trip and I was not hanging around, in fact drove at the same speed as everyone else.

I actually got 65.5mpg for most of the trip, dropping a little when I hammered the final few miles due to people hanging on my boot at 70mph or cutting up, popped in sport mode and pulled some extra speed, it would have popped back up nicely I'm sure as I did see 65.8 at one point but 65.5 was pretty stable for a good 40-50 miles.

Considering the cars rated maximum economy is 74.3mpg if my maths is correct this is 88% of the maximum economy, when you look at what I used to get with several Avensis or Passat then this is staggering.

I would even say if someone was gentle on the throttle and not lead footed like I am then I see no reason they would not get this even higher.

Absolutely staggering !


No comments:

Post a Comment