Tuesday 3 November 2009

£1000 should do it

I read with delight today that Britain apparently has a £1000 + rail ticket, it's actually £1002 and is for a walk on return from Newquay in Cornwall to Kyle of Lochalsh in Scotland.

I'm not the least surprised and would expect this to be followed up promptly by the £250 cheap day return to a town of your choice within 25 miles and a £400 super saver.

Having used the train system in Germany ours is reminiscent of a horse and cart from the middle ages, I laughed as a Midland Mainline train carried a sticker proclaiming "T Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot" and wondered how I could use it whilst standing face to face with everyone on a train later than the recent deceased Mr. Jackson.

An old lady in Germany was telling me how she was traveling from Frankfurt to Munich some 300km and all for less than it costs me to get a return to my local town.

In some ways I think the Victorians etc had it right by having a large wooden hut on wheels pulled by several frantic horses, the trip to London would have taken mere moments longer than the dirty things we're forced to sit in.
Food will have been supplied at Taverns on the way and amusement found in shooting any highway men or vagabonds on the route.

My solution is simple, get all the post workers on strike and send them off for a nice trip on any UK train, odds are we'll not see either again and they will most likely starve to death with the horrendous snacks on offer or will suffer fatal head injuries due to stones thrown by teenagers.

Just in case you wondered, no I don't have any sympathy for them either - perhaps they would like to piss some more of my post around and still suffer massive job losses anyway when a rise is agreed but somehow has got to be paid for despite customers walking to competitors....

Hmm must go, I seem to notice some people outside with flaming torches - I wonder if the bastards have my post ?

No comments:

Post a Comment