Friday 27 November 2009

Local shops - 0 Amazon - 1

I decided to get myself an Xbox Elite and will pass on my Xbox 360 to nipper, she should be OK though as it's got a 120gb drive, 2 controllers etc so not a bad spec.

Anyway I noticed a couple of adverts had been playing on the TV for almost a week now, apparently Currys and Comet both had Xbox Elite deals.
Currys were offering the Elite with 2 controllers and 2 games for £179, Comet offering similar for £189 so I decided to part with my money to one or the other.

I popped into the local Currys and ... hmm no offers, they had "Xbox 360 Elite for £199" errr nope thats not the offer - I looked around and not one single poster or offer on display for the alleged TV advert.

So Currys, sorry lads but if your not going to bother then your not getting my money and by a stroke of irony this was probably the only time I've been in Currys when some 12 year old hasn't barged up to me and asked if he can help.

Anyway, the Comet offer sounded just as good although to be fair I'm not a great fan, they sell games often twice the price of anyone else - you only need to see the poor displays they have to realize they can't be bothered to tempt you in.
So in I go and as with their competitor no offers apart from an Elite with 2 games for £259 !
Quite amazing how both stores seem to have posters that are older than the bricks their buildings are made of.

It seems neither store wants any business to be honest, if they did then I would have expected some posters or signs up offering a deal relating to the TV.
Even better neither store even had a console on display, just a sign and a poor selection of games.

Feeling sorry for Comet which will no doubt close down soon due to poor sales I decided to fuck it all off and not bother so I used T'Internet.

Off to a couple of web sites and everyone beats those lamers hands down.

I settle on Amazon for £189, with the entertainment pack (2 games plus extra joypad) plus I packed Left 4 Dead 2 on top and I've got free delivery Saturday.

No doubt the local Currys and Comet will soon close down to be replaced by either Pizza hut or a worthwhile business.

I went out with the intention of spending my £189 or even £199 but neither seemed the least bit interested to compete with the internet.
Even now Comet have an "offer" on line, the Elite plus Burnout Paradise, Trivial Pursuit, Connect 4 (Which I believe is a download item) and a "free" white controller, all for a mere £234.99 - I would laugh but to be honest I feel sorry for them, the three games are worthless, if you go on Ebay you can get them for a few pounds so you would be better off buying an Elite and getting them seperate.
Argos beat them as well so they almost got my money.

They say a fool and his money are easily parted, I say try sticking a decent offer up and show some interest otherwise I'll just keep shopping on the internet and let someone else earn a living.

Now where's my Frying Pan ? (L4D2)

No comments:

Post a Comment