Saturday 20 February 2010

I cooked it and I tasted it

The question is did I love it ?

I've had the lamb shanks in Rosemary and Mint sauce and without trying to sound over the top they were awsome.

After much haggling over the frozen food counter today (which was ironic seeing as our fridge/freezer has gone wrong) we settled (after many arm punches and foot stamps - quite childish I know but I'm only 46) on the Pork shanks this time.

Put these suckers in a pan of hot water for 45 mins to boil in the bag, add to that the Aldi steam in the microwave veg (69p) and some new potatoes (popped in our steamer), we realized we had mad a massive mistake.

We didn't realise how much or how thick and rich the gravy was - a lesson we didn't remember from the lamb shanks, so steamed new potatoes were nowhere near absorbent enough, you need a big pile of fresh mash to soak this up.

The 69p steam in the microwave veg took only 6 mins to cook and they were spot on as well.

So ... the big question ? Did I love it ?

Top marks Aldi, melt in the mouth meat and plenty for one, but a big label is needed on the box to say "By law this must be eaten with a large pile of mash" (although I loved it with my steamed spuds).

10/10 for this one guys, I gotta hankering for some lamb shanks again (with mash !).

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment