Wednesday 16 October 2013

BMW 116ED 18,000 miles and counting

Clocked 18000 miles so far and everything's spot on.

Still getting good fuel economy, did a 585 mile round trip to Scotland, including all the stop/start and traffic etc I clocked 59.3 average over the trip, the Eco mode said I had added 106 miles to the fuel economy through driving style which matched exactly the remaining etc.

The best yet was a trip to Grimsby where I clocked 72.4 mpg over the 90 mile trip, this was mainly due to the roads having a 50mph limit almost all the way so I kept a constant speed.

looking back even a few years to the economy we used to get I'm finding it amazing I can go Scotland and back and still have over 100 miles left in the tank, or go Bristol, then Oswestry, home cross county over the pennines and have 105 miles left.

Service counter says 4000 miles to service so that would equate to 22k service, mines fleet maintained but 22k is a great interval for a diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment