Thursday 16 July 2009

Almost time

Well my time in Sunny Frankfurt is almost over, the smell of lightly fermenting sewage will be a distant memory and I will once again be able to feel the warm caress and intimate silky texture of my Xbox 360 controller.

I suppose i'll say "hi" to the wife somewhere along the line.

My brothers just having some "women trouble" so I've advised him to ensure he elevates his command privileges as you do in ubuntu, the command should be....
"sudo dpkg girlfriend --reconfigure", this should allow him to reconfigure using the run time wizard.

He's apparently having some issues with the first question.
"Do you want your girlfriend to be 1 - Mad as a box of spanners, 2 - An axe murderer, 3 - Polish, 4 - All of these"

Hopefully though he'll be able to reboot girfriend module, if this doesn't work the best command is.....

"Sudo apt-get remove girlfriend --force" - this should remove the annoying package without any confirmation required or without giving a shit.

Should that be ok he might then be able to ...

"Sudo apt-get upgrade girlfriend" or select a new version number, hopefully this time he'll chose one in the same language pack, I suspect some of the run time files were not translating to Engligh correctly which led to most of his problems.

Should all this fail I've advised him to change his name to "Gophuk Yursalf" it's a traditional Yugoslavian name ......

No comments:

Post a Comment