Wednesday 8 July 2009

Day three ....

Well there's good news and bad news.
The bad news is I can't use my tea bags (they are the famous Marco Polo brand so probably taste like shit anyway) but the good news is I found a tea pot in the restaurant and its got lovely fresh tea but only at breakfast !

so here I am stuck on the 7th floor Mit nicht tea pot or kettle - I may resort to throwing myself off but there's only a patch of grass below or the kitchens.

Had a nice thunderstorm today, the printers all went nuts when the power tripped, the Xbox in the training center lit up with three red rings of death and we almost ran out of sugar.
fortunately I found some sugar so the panic was over.

Had Hungarian dinner which was strange in Germany - some had "Cutlet hunter style", "Steak from Turkey" and I had "Cutlet from calf"
Apologies but it probably was a calf - it tasted good though - the Steak from Turkey was Turkey steak and the Cutlet hunter style was breaded pork with mushroom sauce, that looked good so I'll probably have that next time.

To be fair I've not eaten since, very good meal it was and so much food I couldn't eat it all.

Add to that some small pastries in the afternoon and I'm stuffed.

The hotel was a sight for much merriment last night and today - it appeared the famous tour operator Cosmos delivered a coach load of old gits to the hotel.
The first I realized was when the lift took about 10 minutes to come ready (due to all the old people shuffling in and out) and the reception full of 100's of cases.

It was even more fun as they yattered in the lift about all sorts of crap then tried to speak to me, I pretended to be german by saying "Ich verstehe nicht", shaking my head then telling them they smelt of piss ( Sie riecht nach Pisse) - ahh bless the old folk.
Good job my phone didn't ring, it would have been hilarious to answer and to see the look on their faces.

One said "does anyone speak English?" I almost said "I do, but then again I am from England", that would have been mint.

Breakfast saw a wasteland that was once the breakfast buffet the old gits at the fricking lot - bastards.
Fortunately I saw the Cosmos bus pull off as I was grappling some bacon, sausage and egg - Goodbye old gits ... (Auf Wiedersehen alte Gits).

Now, where's my tea pot ?

No comments:

Post a Comment