Tuesday 7 July 2009

Day 2

Well day 2 started a little better.
After a few hours sleep in the heat I raised to a shower, almost killing myself when I slipped on the really shiny polished floor in the bathroom, trust me it was dry as a bone but someone must have a 10,000 RPM polisher to do that to a floor.

Breakfast originally consisted of me shouting "what the feck is that shit" and "Who eats Ham for breakfast" until someone pointed out the bacon.
To be fair it was fine then, a nice plate of decent bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, fruit juice etc - not bad at all really.

A 5 min walk up to our training venue and we're sorted.

Fate it seems has a hand in many things, it often holds it's cards close to it's chest, waiting for the best time to play them.

In this case it dealt a Royal Flush with some extra Aces in case you thought you could beat it.
The training room was hotter than the surface of the sun, most of the printers were not well (broken) and in wandered 7 French chappies, some of whom appear to have no concept of English.

Now to be fair the courses should be offered in different languages or perhaps offer training material in others but it's often the case, it's in English and thats your lot.
Saying that the Instructor appears a treat, she has a sense of humor which is probably due to run out anytime (I suspect tomorrow) and flew half way around the world to be here minus all her luggage so full respect to her for not screaming at us and telling all to fuck off.

The training company took us all down to Der Chinese which was 100% cracking and spot on - The "Me King" China Restaurant (Am Houiller Platz 4, 61381 Friedrichsdorf) was superb, nice big glasses of cold drinks, the food was so hot I burnt myself and totally fantastic.
Apparently we go to a different place each day so we'll see !

An afternoon in the blazing heat of the training room followed by a nice cool walk back to the hotel, I still refuse to spend 2.70 Euro on a bottle of water so this ones going to sit in my room unopened for a long time !

At the moment I'm sitting writing emails etc listening to probably 20 police, ambulance etc screaming down all the roads near here.
Most likely I've set off another alarm somewhere ?

Thankfully I've got T'Internet, I've got Futurama in German and I've got the late night crap on telly, last nights consisted of some people phoning in to guess a word (is it CAT ?) whilst the host stood there totally naked except a see through dress - No idea what that was about but it was better than Sky 1.

Anyway orf for some dinner now, most likely the same choice - pork, chicken or beef - I might try for 250g tonight and see if I'm allowed it today ?

No comments:

Post a Comment